We all be in agreement... It's been a difficult time. Loss, conflict, setbacks and challenges are all around us today. For some it's like experiencing each day brings a new challenge on this wild ride of life.
So , today we're going to look at quotes on how to overcome adversity. They can help you through the most difficult times. Sometimes, a gentle nudge is all it takes to keep taking small steps towards our goals.
First, What is Adversity?
The word "adversity" refers to anything that can cause you to fall. It's hard times, the trials and losses.
Why is Overcoming Adversity Important?
Adversity can be described as a fist blow to your stomach. But the ability to overcome difficult situations is what creates resilience in us. How quickly we recover from the worst disappointments in our lives determines our overall happiness and satisfaction we experience in our lives.
Most adversity today isn't simple to overcome. However, doing difficult things can be what being a tough human being is all about.
The advantages of being resilient include longer lifespan, better health and lower levels of depression, and greater satisfaction with life.
So, develop your resiliency now. Begin by reading these inspiring quotes about conquering the odds, facing obstacles and finding your resilience!
- Meaning follows courage.
- Stop seeking gratification and adversity won’t bother you anymore.
- Adversity reveals strength. Comfort reveals weakness.
- Everyone goes through adversity in life, but what matters is how you learn from it.
- When you have a strong enough why, every type of adversity becomes irrelevant.
- The amount of growth you will experience in your life depends on how much uncertainty you can handle.
- The easy path leads downhill.
- If you’re struggling, you’re learning.
- The highest level of wisdom is when you not only accept but love adversity.
- Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.
- Every adversity, every failure, every heartache carries with it the seed of an equal or greater benefit.
- Only fools think they can grow feeling comfortable.
- Audacity augments courage; hesitation, fear.
- We find comfort among those who agree with us – growth among those who don’t.
- To not give a fuck about adversity, you must first give a fuck about something more important than adversity.
- Adversity is an opportunity to show great character. Bad things are good things in disguise.
- Adversity is always opportunity.
- If you have a strong belief in yourself, in what you are doing and what you want to do, no adversity is too difficult to overcome.
- Life gets better when you do things when you don’t “feel” like it because it’s good for future you.
- Plants grow weak without wind.
- Do what is easy and your life will be hard. Do what is hard and your life will become easy.
- Every search begins with beginner’s luck. And every search ends with our will being severely tested.
- No resistance, no growth.
- Adversity is the foundation of success.
- Adversity makes men, and prosperity makes monsters.
- One needs adversaries to exist.
- Kites rise highest against the wind – not with it.
- Sometimes adversity is what you need to face in order to become successful.
- Adversity causes some men to break; others to break records.
- The only thing in your control is your effort. That’s all and that’s everything.
- In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present.
- Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.
- One who gains strength by overcoming obstacles possesses the only strength which can overcome adversity.
- The amateur avoids discomfort. The pro leans in.
- It’s often in crises that the biggest leaps in progress are made.
- The more something scares you, the more you should do it.
- The more you execute, the quieter the haters become.
- I contend that not only can you laugh at adversity, but it is essential to do so if you are to deal with setbacks without defeat.
- You are as big as the level of adversity you conquer.